How to Make Easy Apple and Sage Stuffing - The Easiest Way
Apple Sage Stuffing
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 363 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 536mg | Carbohydrates: 63g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 15g | Protein: 15g | SmartPoints: 12
- 1 (24 ounce) loaf whole wheat bread (gluten-free bread can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peel and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth, warm
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes. Spread bread cubes onto a baking sheet in a single layer, more than one baking sheet may be needed. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring half way, until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and onion is translucent. Stir in thyme, sage, rosemary, apples, and maple syrup. Stir well to combine.
- In large bowl, mix together bread cubes, fresh sage, and apple mixture. Toss to combine. Stir in broth, about 1/4 cup at a time. Stuffing should be moist, not wet or mushy. Spoon into a 9"x13" casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for about 20 minutes until top is light brown and crunchy.
Video: Sausage and Apple Stuffing
The Next Generation of American Models: 20 Faces You Need toKnow
Stopping a Bloody Nose By Yourself
The 50 Best Beauty How-To VideosOnline
Classic chocolate mousse
What Your Facial Features Are Saying
Sarah Jessica Parkers Makeup Artist Spills Her Secret to Luminous Skin
Diagnosing Meningitis With a Lumbar Puncture
7 ways to decrease your hours without harming your career
How to Sleep After a Cervical Neck Surgery