Current user rating: 79/100 (2155 votes)fashion
- Drama: Fashion King
- Revised romanization: Paeseon Wang
- Genre : Romance,Melodrama
- Hangul: 패션왕
- Director: Lee Myung-Woo
- Writer: Kim Ki-Ho, Lee Sun-Mi
- Network: SBS fashion 123 hours
- Episodes: 20
- Release Date: March 19, 2012 - May 22, 2012
- Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 21:55
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
"Fashion King" revolves around the world of fashion designers, from start-ups in the Dongdaemun area of Seoul onto world class designers.
Young-Gul (Yoo Ah-In) makes imitation designer clothes at a small factory and sells them at Dongdaemun Market. He is in bad financial shape.
Since Ga-Young's (Shin Se-Kyung) parents died in an accident, she is raised by Jo Soon-Hee (Jang Mi-Hie), owner and designer at Boutique Jo, which Ga-Young's parents and Jo Soon-Hee started together. Ga-Young lives and works at Boutique Jo. Ga-Young has talent as a designer. While Ga-Young works under Jo Soon-Hee, she applies to a famous design school in New York. Jo Soon-Hee then hides her acceptance letter from her and eventually kicks Ga-Young out for setting a fire at Boutique Jo, which Ga-Young had nothing to do with. Ga-Young has no place to go and spots a help wanted ad. Ga-Young goes to a small sewing factory, which Young-Gul runs, and gets a job there.
Due to Young-Gul's debts, he goes to Jae-Hyuk's (Lee Je-Hoon) office to borrow money. Young-Gul and Jae-Hyuk graduated from the same high school, but they hardly know each other. Jae-Hyuk is the son of a major clothing company. Young-Gul is humiliated by Jae-Hyuk at his office.
When Ga-Young sees an acceptance email from the design school in New York, Young-Gul is also there. That night, Young-Gul gives her money to buy a plane ticket to New York. Finally, Ga-Young gets to go to New York, but when she gets there, the receptionist at the school tells Ga-Young that the school sent her a rejection letter. Ga-Young is dumbfounded.
Meanwhile, Jae-Hyuk is sent to New York to hone his skills in scouting for the latest trends in fashion.
Young-Gul sleeps with a woman, but it turns out she is the girlfriend of a loan shark. Young-Gul is then chased by the loan shark's thugs. To avoid the thugs, Young-Gul hops on a deep-sea fishing boat.
- Actress Han Chae-Young was scheduled to make her comeback in Korean dramas with this series, but because of delays she chose to work on the South Korean-New Zealand film Soul Mates instead.
- On December 24, 2011 first screenplay reading took place at SBS Ilsan Production Studios in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.
- Filming for "Fashion King" began January, 2012.
- Filming for "Fashion King" will shoot on location in New York City, New Yotk & Las Vegas, Nevada from February 11, 2012 through February 23, 2012. Main performers Yoo Ah-In, Shin Se-Kyung, Lee Je-Hoon & Kwon Yuri will all take part in those shootings. Filming in New York City will take place during the city's semi-annual "Fashion Week" event.
- "Fashion King" takes over the SBS Monday & Tuesday 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "History of the Salaryman" and will be replaced by "The Chaser" on May 28, 2012.
- Seohyun from "Girls' Generation" sings track "I'll Be Waiting" (Gidarilgeyo) for the "Fashion King" OST. The track is released on April 16 and the 3rd single for the drama series.
Additional Cast Members:
Episode RatingsDate Episode Nationwide Seoul
|2012-03-19||1||12.4% (10th)||14.8% (5th)|
|2012-03-20||2||11.5% (11th)||13.5% (6th)|
|2012-03-26||3||12.3% (10th)||14.8% (5th)|
|2012-03-27||4||11.6% (13th)||14.2% (7th)|
|2012-04-02||5||12.6% (9th)||14.3% (6th)|
|2012-04-03||6||12.7% (9th)||14.4% (5th)|
|2012-04-09||7||11.9% (9th)||14.3% (7th)|
|2012-04-10||8||10.7% (13th)||12.6% (9th)|
|2012-04-16||9||12.5% (9th)||13.2% (6th)|
|2012-04-17||10||11.1% (10th)||13.1% (6th)|
|2012-04-23||11||11.3% (12th)||11.9% (7th)|
|2012-04-24||12||11.6% (10th)||14.1% (5th)|
|2012-04-30||13||10.8% (8th)||13.1% (5th)|
|2012-05-01||14||10.9% (10th)||13.4% (6th)|
|2012-05-07||15||10.7% (7th)||12.6% (6th)|
|2012-05-08||16||10.9% (8th)||12.3% (6th)|
|2012-05-14||17||11.0% (12th)||12.2% (7th)|
|2012-05-15||18||11.4% (7th)||12.9% (6th)|
|2012-05-21||19||11.2% (7th)||13.3% (4th)|
|2012-05-22||20||10.8% (7th)||12.8% (4th)|
Source: TNS Media Korea / NR denotes not ranked within the Top 20 daily shows according to TNS Media Korea.
|Latest News||Latest Trailers|
Paul nusca male fashion show
Shoebuy fashion online schoenen shoppen
Fashion leotards online australian
Moda christmas fabric blitzen
Kpop fashion 2019 2ne1 fire
Felix mediano moda 2019
Hang out with a girl everyday fashion
Spreuken 1980's fashion